Journey to freedom from comparing myself with other women.
In sharing with women, I have come to believe that this is a universal problem.
We compare our houses, our decorating style. Our talents, or lack of them.
So, here's what's been going through my mind.
I can be doing great, and the moment that I begin to play the comparison game,
My peace leaves. Restlessness abounds.
This happens whether the comparison has brought me out 'on top' or not.
Guilt and shame accompany those that compare.
In the same way, when I can be okay with being me, knowing that God had a special plan
when He created me, peace and soul rest are mine.
So I was pondering this and I imagined how I would feel if,
I would be strolling through my flowers, and would realize that
My variegated dogwood was looking at my Becky, saying, "I'm going to try to be more like you.
I'm sick and tired of just being plain old green. Don't even have a petal to call my own. Never have."
Meanwhile Becky is peering over at Black-eyed Susan, thinking, if I could just be more 'petite' like her.
August Lily is thinking that neither one has a care in the world, compared to my girth of leaves.
But the truth is, I, the gardener, chose each one of those plants for a reason.
I would be devastated to find August Lily trading in her broad leaves....
THAT is what I like best about her....that's why I chose her.
Each one is different, yet each one has a very important part in the overall beauty.
How much more must the Creator feel when He witnesses the discontent among His daughters.
It truly must grieve His heart. I must grieve His heart.
Because He created each one special. Designed each for a special purpose.
So whether my place is in the foreground, full of color, or if it's the backdrop, can I be content,
knowing that He who created me is rejoicing over me.


