Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Friday, March 23, 2012

Some Trust in Chariots

Psalm 91:1-2
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots, some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

Whatever I choose to trust in will have the strongest hold
in my life.
So, could I say today, 

some trust in music, and some in sports.....
or,
some trust in fashion, and some in clothing....
or,
some trust in their friends, and some in affirmation....

So can I say "idolatry"?  "Idolatry."

"O Lord God, draw me to your side today.  May I rest in Your shadow. May I seek Your heart above anything else that is clamouring for my attention.  
Help me to gaze into Your face, seeking You.  May I find the rest that You promise."