Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Monday, March 19, 2012

Beauty, Close Up

After pausing to inhale the blooms that Tara had put in a small vase,
I decided I needed to bring that apricot blossom beauty inside these walls. 
So, as soon as it was light enough this morning I out with the crocs and shears
and clipped myself a bunch of branches.  I almost didn't because, with the slightest touch,
I had petals floating everywhere.  Am I ever glad I pursued my endeavor, if only to
enjoy the beauty for a day...


Decidedly if they were beautiful outside, they are breathtaking inside my home. 
Absolutely gorgeous!!

And the Lord whispered to me "that's how it is in your life, too".  Wait. a. minute...
Oh yes, I understand.
If I allow my heart to soften, open and bloom. 
Allow You to fill my heart to overflowing.  With love. Thankfulness. Joy.
Your beauty will be accelerated inside these doors...
Not only will those outside see Your beauty,
but the ones closest, dearest to me will see Your beauty even more.  Eeks...

What about those times I sin?  Those moments when I raise my voice? 
Those times I don't act like You at all?  
 But what I choose to do when I realize that I have sinned, is what makes the difference. 
Going to the Father first of all with my sin, then to those who I have wounded with my tongue
or whatever the situation was. 
Accepting responsibility for the action, begging forgiveness and being cleared. 
That's when the beauty can return...
Really, what is more beautiful than someone admitting that they have behaved wrongly, 
without adding any excuses.


Beautiful, even, especially, close up!