Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Saturday, June 30, 2012

Speaking Life or Death?

The mouth of a RIGHTEOUS man
is a well of LIFE.
Proverbs 10:11
Some translations say, 'fountain of life', and I like that.
Does life spring from my lips? Or death?
Proverbs 18:21 says life and death are in the power of the tongue.
Every time I open my mouth, I have the power to build up or tear down.

Power to give life...Or to destroy, and bring death...
Death to the heart of the hearer.
Have you ever just absolutely loved something,
could be anything from a certain store to a certain plant, or a person, for that matter.
(not that a person is ever a thing, but anyway).
So you just absolutely love this particular 'whatever'.
There are so many things you love about it....
And one day, you're talking about 'it' to someone, 
and that someone casually makes a negative statement about it.
Can be just one negative thing. Just one!
But that can totally change how you think about that thing, or worse, person.
And it can alter your mind for years.
Just one sentence.
I don't know how that works, but I know that is the way it is.

That challenges me to measure my words...
I know that I have been the person who has altered people's minds at times.
Regretfully so....but today is a new day,
and Jesus is all about new beginnings and fresh grace....

Be an encourager, not a discourager.
This life is difficult enough without us who are to be light, casting darkness.

So to those you meet today, To those you live with,
Speak life words, and not death...

Enjoy your day and may Jesus bless you....