The subject being conviction verses condemnation.
If you feel like these are confusing, know that you aren't alone.
I struggled with these often over the years.
And sadly, the struggle is not over!
However, I don't think it is as confusing as we allow it to be.
Number One, God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor. 14:33)
So, this confusion is coming from the enemy.
And he does a great job at confusing us,
and is well pleased to keep us there.
So, recognize that the enemy is at work. Renounce him.
And then if I can remember the difference between the two.
Conviction is relational, drawing and brings a message of hope.
And is from GOD.
Condemnation is pushing away, and brings a message of hopelessness.
Thoughts such as "you will never..." "see, you did it again..."
"there is no hope for you..."
And is from the enemy.
So when I am trying to discern the two,
I can ask myself "is this from God?" because if it is,
it will be drawing me into a deeper relationship with Himself.
God will always show me my sin when I humbly, openly ask Him to.
This is redemptive. This is from God.
If the thoughts I have are separating me from Christ,
making me feel like 'I've messed up again',
and 'Jesus is going to give up on me'...
or, if I ask Jesus to show me where I've sinned, and there is nothing there...
only grey area...
even though it's accompanied with a sense that I have sinned.
this is not from God.
Don't allow satan to keep you in a state of dispair. Resist him.
Cry out to Jesus for deliverance.
Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you,
And therefore He waits
on high to have compassion on you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
How
blessed are all those who long for Him.
Isaiah 30:18
May I say one more thing?
If you resist, and cry out to God,
and the condemnation still has you pushed down,
call your prayer partner. If you don't have one, get one!!
I have found that sometimes I can stumble around in my 'cloud' for hours.
Crying out to God, renouncing satan, quoting scripture ..nothing.
I call my husband, have him pray and almost invariably,
the fog lifts immediately.
Jesus bless you today....