Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Friday, June 29, 2012

Promptings

Want to lay out a challenge to you...
It is for me anyway, something that I find very behooving.
( 'xcuse the ugly word-nothing else seems to fit)

A few weeks ago a friend shared with me
that she has a daily reminder on her cell phone
Every day at 5pm it says "I am a saint".
You see it's about that time of the day
when she often is not 'feeling' like one.
You've had those days..yeah, me too.
I have not thought about that much since.
Till last evening.
It was 6:18 and I was putting finishing touches on our late supper.
I thought of my friend.  I thought of her daily reminder.
I thought, "I'm gonna text her 'you're a saint :-)'.
And I did. She came right back and said.
'aw. thanks :) I actually missed that reminder 2day somehow :)'
And I said, "What do you mean!? you didn't miss it. 
God made sure of that...imagine how much He cares for you, friend!"
So together we marveled at His awesome care and love.
And later she text-ed and said, "I'm still in awe"
And so was I.

How often do I miss being the blessing that God is wanting me to be?
How often do I miss 'lifting up the hands that hang down'?
How often do I miss out on a blessing myself, realizing how big God is?
How often do I pass it off as a 'notion' or silly thought...?

Another similar incident.  Different ending.
Was wrapping up cleaning the kitchen at the cottage,
And the thought 'went thru' my mind of stopping at a friend's house
on my way home to pray with her.
By the time I passed her house, I had given up on the idea.
When I got home I had a message from her
and she was asking me to pray for her because of her difficult day.
And I shook my head, and thought why?
Why hadn't I heeded what I now knew was the Spirit?

So I am 'behooved' to be sensitive to the things that
God may be bringing to my mind.

Jesus bless you today.....