Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Sunday, April 15, 2012

Palliative Reality

Palliative Care.
That is what the sign read on the door to her room .
I had to ask what it meant .
Our family has been very blessed .
We have not had the tragedy of illness strike .
Until now .

I entered her room .
Her smile . Her peace .
The presence of Heaven was there . To be sure .
Her first words to me,
"It isn't easy to accept what God has planned ."
But she was at rest.
Believing that this is His plan .  His will .
The evidence was all there.  Such pain reliever .
In the face of the painful reality .

We talked .  We cried. 
We prayed .


We praised God . Together . For the last .

I want to always remember the peace.
The joy, and the acceptance .  She was beautiful .

And I left so encouraged . 
So completely drawn to the Father .
And I realized this was a grace gift .
God had allowed me to travel the miles,
To sit beside her.  To have a final memory to hold onto .