Lord God, when I think of how, so long ago
You gave Your life, gave yourself;
For me. For my sin, For my chains,
My heart feels awe, thanks, and slightly overwhelmed.
And when I think how You have cancelled my debt.
Forgiven my sin, paid the price.
My eyes well with tears. And I bow my head,
And whisper, "Thanks".
And when I think about it,
that You don't even remember my past sins.
That they are gone, forgiven and never to be used against me again,
I shake my head, and tears run.
And when I think of how You rose again,
How You broke the chains, Took the keys,
And the power that gives me;
My eyes fill with hope, light.
And when I think how You are There now,
Interceding, cheering me on,
I lift my eyes, and my heart melts.
How I long to love You, Serve You, Faithfully, Forever!