Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Monday, November 12, 2012

Of Mountains and Valleys

We live right here in the valley....
That's what the 'natives' say all the time.  The valley.
It's really, actually a very beautiful valley.
Brent and I talk about it from time to time, 
how so often we miss the beauty of it.
We are so accustomed to it.  Day in, day out.  The valley...
Occasionally, friends or family from afar remind us of the beauty.
Occasionally, we see it ourselves, if we take a step back.


Was thinking of valleys this morning.
Actually have alot of late.
What about valleys?  
What makes them such great places?
 When while I'm there, they don't feel like such  great places?
What happens in the valley?
Why can't I see the beauty in the valley?

                                                                             
I wonder if sometimes,
it's because I'm
TOO CLOSE.
Do I need to
take a step back?
Maybe I even
need a FRIEND
to remind me of the beauty.
Whatever the case,
one thing I'm promised
to need is FAITH
to believe it's good.
FAITH is BELIEVING
when I can't see.
When I can't feel.
BELIEVING. TRUSTING.
Cuz it doesn't feel good
in the valley.


Sometimes in the valley,
 it seems 
the "fog" is so close.
Extremely dense.
My whole vision is affected.
I can scarcely see at all.
I cannot see beyond.
Beyond this valley to 
the "blue sky", to HOPE.
It's then I need FAITH
Faith in JESUS
to resist the enemy.
The one who's bringing 
the "fog".
To claim my position 
in CHRIST.
To ask His Hand of 
GRACE to lift me out.
Up. Above.


But as I'm leaving 
the valley,
stepping up, out...
I can look back,
and amazingly soon,
I can begin to see GOOD.
See what God did for me.
His FAITHFULNESS.
See how he drew me closer,
while I traveled through.
See how, hopefully,
I grew more into His 
likeness, there in the valley.
It's all clearer, brighter,
more beautiful, 
from a distance. 
From the height.
How grand the mountain,
where all is well.

But where would I be without the valley?
Faith grows in the valley.  Trust grows in the valley.
How could I do without the valley?

May you feel Jesus holding you close today, 
whether your day finds you on the mountain or in the valley...