"Is there such a thing as naively trusting in God?"
"Is there such a thing as being too naive in my trusting?"
And he thought a moment.
"Think of that child that is on the table and is being coaxed to jump into
her Daddy's arms. She naively jumps..
She jumps,
not because
she is stupid
or doesn't know
the danger,
but because
she knows her
Daddy will be
there for her.
And I was comforted.
I feel at times like I'm naively trusting.
I felt it last week with Sandy.
And again this week with the election.
Last night,
I stirred and peeked at the clock. 1:03
And then I noticed a glow coming from his phone.
"What 's up?" I asked.
I noticed a nervousness even before he spoke the words.
"Looks like Obama won".
Cold, hard truth hit my heart. But the familiar knot of fear,
that has always accompanied cold, hard truth, was not there.
And I thought back to a conversation that I had had the evening before.
In my sanctuary, the bathroom (you moms identify w/ that I'm sure)
I was like, "Lord?"
"I feel changes. Big changes. Not good changes."
And He spoke the most comforting words to me....
"though everything around you change, I will still be here-always"
and my mind spun out the worst....persecution.....
but He said, even then, how would He not also?
and I felt, and knew it was true!!
And so I naively trust, not because I'm stupid.
Not because I don't see the danger.
But because I know my Daddy God will be there for me.
And that brings rest. Peace.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
May you find yourself trusting Jesus today....
Your eyes on Him, your hand in His....


