Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Thursday, November 29, 2012



In QUIETNESS and TRUST is your STRENGTH.


Quietness, to me speaks of restfulness.  
Today for me it means-
Being okay when not everything is going smoothly, right on schedule.
Being okay, in a good way....
Being okay even tho its noon and I've not even hung the jeans out.?
Resting....in my spirit....
Doing what's important, what I'm called to do....


Caring for those around me,
those closest to me,
my own flesh and blood.
Loving.
Nurturing.
Training.
Exemplifying
Christ,
not perfectly...


Wiping runny noses and settling sibling squabbles.
Answering algebra questions and scoring language arts.
Messaging an encouragement to their Daddy.
Teaching homophones and flashing cards.
Ladling soup into bowls,

And trying to rest...in my spirit...
Knowing that if this is what He has called me to,
I can TRUST Him in this.

That this quiet and trust will not make me 
a weaker woman, 
but believing this will actually make me stronger.



Tears splat.
Fast.
This is hard surrender.
Hard trust.
Why? 
Because it feels so anything but strong today...




Jesus, I'm choosing to quiet myself in Your arms today.
Choosing to trust You to lead me.
Believing that through You and that, strength will come.
Thanking You, Jesus, Praising You, Jesus.....

Praise Him with me?  He is so worthy!