Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Over the meadow and through the woods....
Only it's over the turnpike and through the tunnels....
And instead of Grandmother's house, (sad sigh)
It's to Uncle Mark's we go.....

Sad sigh, cuz I'm missing my mom....
And wishing I could go to her house for Thanksgiving.
She's enjoying the warmer weather in the sunny south...
So, we are off to Ohio to spend a few days with cousins and friends....

As I packed.  (I hate packing.
I somehow think that maybe when I grow up,
I will become efficient at it, and won't hate it so bad.
It hasn't happened.)
Anyway, as I packed,
my thoughts have gravitated toward my Mom.
Thinking back to the many trips that we made from our home in Kitchener, Ontario
to Lancaster, Pa.
I have no idea how many times a year.....
But more than just a couple....
And with not just 5 children, but 8....


Okay, so Mom, my hat's off to you....
And you know what, Mom?
I bet then,  I was the little one that was so excited.
So wanted to help...with everything, but exactly what I could.
And I bet I was the one who you told to sit and read a book.
Or play house in the basement, or please, let Mommy do that packing....
So may I say "thank-you" this Thanksgiving, for all you've done?



Sigh.  So yeah, we're off, and am much looking forward to 
much relaxing, sleeping in, knitting hearts a little tighter, games, shopping,
and maybe eating...(that's never the highlight for me unless it's chocolate...oops)



So Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and safe travels, 
if it's travelling you are doing.....