Driving along today I was pondering.
How very much the weather is like my life.
I love sunshine. I love bright days. I love blue skies.
But without rain, without storms, vegetation wilts, withers, and dies.
I'll be the first one to admit that 'rain' is not always pleasant.
Actually, in the process it seldom is.
Though it is unpleasant,
I believe I can rest in a place, recalling His faithfulness.
Remembering His love for me. Knowing that no storm has lasted forever.
Can I find Him to be a 'shelter in the time of storm?
And then, as the storm passes and the sun shines again,
I find myself saying, "thank you God for that 'rain'."
"Thank you for the lessons you taught me through that storm."
Sometimes, like today, more than 3 years have to pass before
I'm ready to realize what a gift the 'storm' was.
To be able to look back on the storms,
and see how the 'rain' has watered my heart, refreshed my innermost.
Without those times, my heart would have wilted, withered and died.
Thank you Jesus, that You are still in control of storms.
And that You still calm waves in my heart today.
May Jesus bless you today.