This post feels like a very vulnerable post to post.
But God, is laying it heavily on my heart.
I don't know for whom I am sharing this,
but I want to be willing to be used of Him to bring hope.
For nearly 20 years I have been held captive by what I'm about to share.
For nearly 2 months now I've been free.
Fact is, I didn't realize I had been in bondage until I was free.
The difference is amazing.
The difference is why I'm being vulnerable with you today.
You may not all track with what I'm sharing,
but I bet at least one or two of you will.
At least if you live in America,
And, if you live there in the summertime,
And, if you don't spend 25 hours in the gym each week,
Or have a pass at the tanning salon.
You see for a long, long time I realized the battle guys have with their eyes.
And for equally that long, whenever I knew that my guy
was confronted with an image of sensuality, or immodesty, I would choke.
Not quite literally, but almost.
My heart would squeeze and rise and almost choke me.
You see, I always thought it was "me or the gal".
So, I would check her out, to see whether I had anything to be afraid of.
And most times I came up on the short end....
comparison wise....leaving me frantic.
Leaving me thinking that somehow if I could measure up,
it wouldn't be a battle for my husband to not notice others.
Can I shout "WRONG"??!!
Ladies, this is not a war between 'me and the gal'....
This is a battle between the flesh and the spirit.
This is between 'God and Satan'.
Satan is out to steal, kill and destroy.
This is one way he seeks to do it.
If your man has a heart for God, and his desire is for moral purity,
he is NOT comparing you to that gal.
Truth is, he doesn't want to see that gal any more
than you want him to see her.
And trust me, I KNOW you don't want him to see her.
As I'm writing this I think it sounds almost silly.
But I actually believed this lie.
And, I believe there may be one or two of you out there
that are believing the same thing.
This is for you.
Do your husband a favor. Don't make him suffer silently.
Break that hold that the image may have on him.
You can help him do that by acknowledging it.
You can say, "Oh, I'm sorry that you needed to see that
picture or that person."
These are the wedges that satan tries to use to get between us...
The hold that satan had on me is gone along with the lie.
Does it mean I don't care anymore?
Quite the opposite! I care so deeply!
And I pray like I've never prayed before.
I intercede constantly for my guys' eyes and minds.
It's such a wicked world and we need to pray for our men.
We need to be a safe place for him to talk about his battle.
God's grace is amazing and in choosing His way,
He has replaced the fear with peace.
The anger with compassion and sympathy.
The choking with calm.
It's what He is all about...praise His wonderful name!
May Jesus bless you today.....