Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Saturday, July 21, 2012

Focus on You


Let nothing be done through strife
(a desire to put one's self forward; fractiousness)
or vainglory (empty pride), but in lowliness of mind,
let each esteem (think, deem, consider) others
better than himself. Phil. 2:3

God's word; straight to my heart today!!

You know, it doesn't leave much room for me, does it?

I believe this pride thing is one of the enemies 
favorite tools to get me to fall.
How easy is it to want to lift myself up.  
How difficult to lower my desires, and exalt another?

Just honestly confessing this struggle.  
It's my desire.  It's my goal.  
But I so often fall short...
And then I need to bow my heart before the cross once more....
And He so faithfully welcomes, forgives and cleanses.  
Thank you, Jesus!

May Jesus bless you today...