Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Good for Evil; Even in my Heart?

Was thinking today how easy it is when someone criticizes me
to pick up on any inconsistencies on that person's part.
I see them.  I dwell on those inconsistencies.
They make me feel better....in a way...for a moment.
But pretty soon they are festering in a smelly sort of way.
The thoughts have stolen my peace.
I obsess on them, trying to be comforted.
No solace is found.  WHY?

I believe because I have strayed from what God is asking of me.
I believe because in my heart I am returning evil for evil.
No matter that I am a non-resistant believer.
No matter that I would not feel good about using pepper spray on
any thing other than a wild animal.
No matter that I believe in turning the other cheek.

IN MY HEART I HAVE CHOSEN EVIL FOR EVIL.
IN MY HEART I HAVE FOUGHT BACK.
IN MY HEART I HAVE RESISTED.

And is it not my heart that Jesus looks at?
Is it not my heart that concerns His very heart?

So Jesus, could You help me to bring the criticism to You?
Could You help me to give it to You?
Asking You to show me what You want to show me through it?
Can YOU help me not to react in criticism?

May Jesus bless you today.....