Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Simple Prayer

but one with profound results.

You know the verse in 1 Corinthians 10 that ends with these words....
'and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.'

Well, that is where this simple prayer has it's base.
I've put it into my own words and have prayed it many, many times.
It has never failed...not even once.
Problem is, sometimes I forget to use it...Then I find myself stumbling and spiraling.

The prayer is, simply_

Jesus, I ask You to take these thoughts captive to Your obedience.

Many, many times the thought that was just oppressing
and circling my mind, is gone, just like that.
Now, I'm not saying it doesn't come back, but if it does,
I know a prayer that works, and I use it again.

This works for any type of wrong thoughts that I have.
Whether it's fantasy, negative/depressive thoughts, thoughts of hate,
proud thoughts, lust, jealousy...you name it.

Like I said, it has always worked...every time I used it.
There is one time though, that I believe it may not work.
That is if I really am enjoying the thought that I'm having...
(See, I am still trying to please my flesh....)
Then I probably will not experience respite,
because Jesus wants my prayers to be from my heart.

Blessings to you today...