Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Love Fall



I LOVE FALL, sorry, I just said that, didn't I?
Well, I do.  It's so gorgeous, and for the first time in a long time I found me toting my camera around, trying to capture the beauty.  Found myself in all sorts of very unfeminine positions trying capture the angles, trying not to think what the passers by were wondering..




Now I find myself pondering, pondering the blessings in my life.  Thinking along the lines of Thanksgiving.  My heart is welling, spilling.  And that in itself is a wonder.  Because this morning was one of those morning when I awoke with as the song writer says "a nameless fear or dread". So after praying, I took a deep breath, and began praising.  Thanking God for the many ways He has blessed, is blessing, and will bless.  And now I can't stop.

My Children, each one of them.  Alive, healthy, happy (at the moment)

My man, (no picture here) Knowing that LONG before I knew, God knew that this was who I needed.  And I praise Him for that.  I praise Him for the way He has knit our hearts.



The bittersweets in life. Pain, bitter, because who of us would ask for it?  Sweet, thanks to the Healer, and the promise that it will not be wasted. Warfare, bitter, because it doesn't feel too good.  Sweet, because it tells me I'm not floating. Valleys, bitter, well you know why.  Sweet, because there is where I'm drawn to God. 





Grace. His precious, outstretched hand, there to help me up when I've fallen.
Peace. Deep settled. Noticeable on the good days, but outstanding and tear jerking, on the days when 'deep settled' would seem an unlikely adjective for my heart.
Joy. It's what makes ya smile without knowing it.


Jesus. His cross.  His blood.  His Love.
Without Him, I am less than nothing.  With Him, I am promised life, abundant LIFE.

There is more, but it's time for you to make your list.
Praise Him, and witness the enemy be stilled.

And may you be blessed by Jesus....