I love Autumn.
The beauty. The crisp cool. The mounds of color.
And then, too quickly,
it's gone.
I said to Brent the other day,
"Why can't it be 'peak'
for a month?"
But you know, some of what makes miracles special is the shortness of them.Think of that eensy, teensy newborn. Ah, would they be as special if that stage lasted 6 months? I doubt it. Think of that empty laundry basket. If it was like that often, would I gaze so lovingly at it? Silly, I know.But seriously, it's the specialness that makes these things special.
So, I really kinda hate to see the leaves fall. To see the trees bare.
Except for the fact that it tells of winter, and long evenings,
and soft snow (maybe), and cozy lights, and family time!
AND for the fact that the trees remind me of, well, me. That there can be beauty in nothingness. See, when the trees are all covered with their leaves,
whether that covering is green or brilliant, the real tree can't be seen for the leaves.
I can be like that. I can hide the real me behind my 'leaves'.
And the true beauty of a person is seen when those 'leaves' are gone.
When the masks are off. When the walls are down.
When the heart is visible. The soul of the person.
I love to see that.
Makes my heart pitter patter.
If you have a mask in place, there probably is a good deal of fear in the thought of slipping it down, even a little, for a little . I understand.
If you have walls, most likely you think you are protecting yourself with those . I understand.
Because I don't really know how trees feel with their leaves gone, other than bare. But I can tell you, the relief that accompanies the riddance of masks and walls is something you will not understand, until they are down.
Sometimes, actually often, God helps us lower them, little by little.
And the relief and blessing felt with the lowering is enough to allow for more lowering.
Place your hand in His, fix your eyes on His, and walk with Him today...
May Jesus bless you...