Over the years, it has meant different things to me.
It used to be that when I was asked that question,
I would pause and determine what I had gotten done so far today.
Washed 15 windows, baked 5 loaves of bread, have the laundry flapping happily....
"Yes, I'm having a great day!"
And then I realized it's not so much in what I get done....
But this is where my thoughts would go when the question came-
The children were cranky, the toilet clogged, the kitten puked on my rug..
"No, I'm not having the best day".
But I realize lately that this still is not what constitutes a good day.
So now even though the
baby is teething, the mower dies and the windows remain cob webbed,
It can actually be a good day-honestly.
How in the world, you may wonder..
It's not what I get done, or what goes wrong,
but it's how I respond in my heart.
It's how much a part of my day my Jesus is.
It's His peace and joy that make any day a good one.
JOY is not the absence of sorrow,
but JOY is the presence of the LORD.
Do I get it right perfectly? Are you kidding me?!
It's a journey, but at least it's a starting place,
and when I feel like my circumstances have me down,
I can remember that I've stepped away from allowing
His peace and joy to carry me through the day.
May Jesus bless your day with peace and joy!