Written by Naomi Hostetler, it's called The Letter
I'm writing you a letter to show that I care.
I waited all day but you were never there.
Saw you talking to your friend
But you never stopped to look My way.
I painted you a sunset at the end of your day.
And I hoped that you would notice but you never came.
And even though it hurt me, I still love you,
'cause I am your friend.
I tried to tell you in the skies of blue,
I whispered in the trees and the flowers' hue.
I sing it in the songs of love that I give the birds to sing.
My love is in the sunshine and the sweet perfume,
Of the flowers and the blossoms in their fullest bloom.
My love for you is deeper than the ocean.
And bigger than the biggest need of your heart.
I watched your face as you slept last night.
I wanted your touch, so I bathed you in moonlight.
for just a few moments of your time.
I waited but you never came.
You awoke and rushed off to start your day
never noticed my tears; they were in the rain.
If only you would listen to me, my friend,
and know that I love you without end.
The other day I wept as I listened to this song,
and wondered how many days of my life,
could Jesus have been singing this song to me?
If you find yourself going thru your day without being infinitely aware
of how much He loves you and how many ways He is showing you,
start today...
Ask Him to show you His love and then wait for Him to respond.
You will be amazed, I can guarantee,
because, He is just waiting for you to ask.
Blessings.....





