Colossians 3:3

For you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.



Friday, January 25, 2013

Thinking Again

These days, and nights, I do a lot of thinking.
You may not think that is strange, if you are a thinker.
You see, I have not always been a thinker.
Most of my years actually, thinking brought pain.
So without realizing it, I would stuff it in my chest. And close the lid.
And I would go on.  Fine as ever, or so I thought.

Well, not too terribly long ago, I began unloading.
The things in the chest. Pain, shame, guilt and sins.
I unloaded them one by one to Jesus, 
who wondrously washed them away.
With His precious blood.  

And today, instead of slipping my sin and hurts into the chest,
I've found a much better way....
I take them straight to Jesus.  Straight to His cross.
Allow His blood to cleanse me again.
I had no idea this would give me the ability to think.

But I do think now.  In fact, I LOVE to think.
I love to think through things and process them.
I love it when all of the sudden something makes sense.
It all comes together....full circle.  
When all the dots connect and the picture is suddenly clear.
Click.  Love it.

The only time it is rather unhandy and almost annoying is,
in the middle of the night.
But I will take that too.
When one thing after the other God shows me.
Click. Another clear picture.
And I am so excited.

Then I remember I'm to be sleeping.  Ugh.
So I lie real quietly and surrender all my thoughts to Jesus.
But before you know it.  Click. Click. Click.
And I'm excited again.  But I'm supposed to be sleeping.

I'm just glad all nights are not like this.
But, without a doubt it is a precious, bonding time with Jesus
And, I do know at least two things.
One, I'm making up for lost years in my thinking.
Two, God is preparing me for something.

And I'm okay with both of those, because I'm finding 
He is very much to be trusted.
And that too makes me very excited.
He is an AWESOME DADDY GOD...

Bless you as you follow Him today.....